Whistler Real Estate Careers
There are many opportunities in Whistler for those interested in pursuing a career in the real estate industry. It can be very rewarding career but, as with any career choice, your decision to pursue real estate requires careful consideration.
The majority of realtors in BC are selling real estate, managing properties, or providing trading services. That being said, real estate offers a wide variety of specialties from residential and/or commercial sales to property and strata management, investment real estate to land development, counseling and research to mortgage financing and appraisals.
The Whistler Real Estate Company Ltd. understands that our success depends on the success of our agents and brokers. We provide a supportive network where new and experienced agents can learn and grow while enjoying all the benefits of a Whistler lifestyle.
Qualities of a Good Real Estate Agent
- A genuine interest in people and exceptional social skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Life-long learners
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to work long, and sometimes irregular, hours
- They are mature, determined and enthusiastic
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills
- They are self motivated, passionate and persistent
- Accountable for their own results
- Can handle stress well and are able to multi-task
- Have an interest in law, marketing and economics
How Do I Become Licensed?
In BC, realtors are required to complete comprehensive educational and practical requirements. It is expected that individuals will take up to one year to complete all educational requirements. Once licensed, realtors can upgrade their license level and/or category by completing further education.
For more information on how to become licensed please visit: www.recbc.ca
For more information on a career with The Whistler Real Estate Co. Ltd. please contact us and ask for the managing broker.